The Blinds Syndicate
With the help of Productivity SA, The Blinds Syndicate enhanced their overall productivity, inspired a positive working environment and streamlined their processes ‒ which culminated in expansion of the business, creation of new jobs and an increase in revenue.
- Turnover increased by 33% between 2007 and 2008, and 16.9% from January to April, 2009.
- Defect rate decreased to 0.32% from January to April, 2009 (of 12 272 units delivered, only 40 were returned).
- Factory size increased from 87m2 in 1996 to 1 800m2 in 2009.
- Company grew from 14 employees in 1996 to 52 in 2007, and to 74 in 2009.
- Number of company vehicles expanded from 6 in 2007, to 9 in 2009.
- Improved employee morale ‒ absenteeism was kept constant at 1.9% in 2007 (52 employees) to 2.5% in 2008 (78 employees).
- New innovations introduced greater efficiency and elimination of bottlenecks ‒ production time reduced by 50%.
“The biggest lesson I’ve learned from the programme is that if you share your knowledge, you grow, and it makes you feel good as a person. I am excited to come to work every day.” ‒ Supervisor at The Blinds Syndicate, Leon Munsamy