Sasekisani Primary Co-operative – a business collaboration between nine members of the Mahonisi Village in the Malumulele area, Limpopo – approached Productivity SA and more specifically the Turnaround Solutions Programme, seeking assistance to improve their productivity, operating standards and their finances. The business’ primary operation is the laying and hatching of chicken eggs.
The problem areas identified were:
• Poor governance and operational cash flow, bookkeeping issues as well as high debt levels.
• Poor utilisation of their facilities and a high mortality rate of egg laying chickens.
After the problem areas had been identified, interventions were put in place.These included – improving accuracy and the access to the business’ information, the implementation of a quality management system, correcting the administration surrounding fundraising efforts and finally thorough financial planning and cost management.
• 155.56% increase in employee numbers, 7.4% decrease in temp staff and a 100% decrease in the number of contract employees.
• 1220.35% increase in turnover, 1679% increase in gross profit and a 1010.29% increase in net profit.
• Productivity levels increase by a staggering 122.35%.