Productivity SA is established in terms of section 31 (1) of the Employment Services Act, No. 4 of 2014 as a juristic person with a mandate to promote employment growth and productivity. Our vision is to lead and inspire a productive and competitive South Africa.
Our Business Turnaround and Recovery (BT&R) Programme, as part of the Enterprise Development and Support Programmes, is supported by our functions:
- Promote a culture of productivity in the workplace;
- Facilitate and evaluate productivity improvement and competencies in workplaces;
- Support initiatives aimed at preventing job losses;
- Measure and evaluate productivity in the workplace (and the economy); and
- Maintain a database of productivity & competitiveness systems & publicise the same; and undertake productivity-related research.
BT&R Programme Overview
The Declaration of the Presidential Jobs Summit (October 1998) outlined a Turnaround Solutions Programme (now called Business Turnaround and Recovery) to prevent job losses or a decline in employment. The recent 2018 Job Summit is supported and aligned to the economic reconstructing and recovery plan and UIA s5(d) as amended.
- Intent: The programme is intended to provide non-financial assistance to different organisations and companies to increase productivity, profitability, and service, as well as to save and retain existing jobs.
- Assist: The programme seeks to assist:
- The potential applicant in financial and/or operational distress and/or decline.
- There must be a reasonable prospect to turn the company around.
- Inspire: BT&R also seeks to inspire enterprises to be more vigilant about issues relating to job retention to mitigate on-time performance/productivity decline that increases the likelihood of job losses.
Is Your Business In Need of The BT&R Programme?
How could you possibly know? If you answer yes to these questions:
- Is your cash balance continually running lower?
- Has your business suddenly and surprisingly become unprofitable?
- Do your sales consistently miss goals?
- Is it ever a challenge to make payroll?
- Are suppliers and creditors calling you about past-due bills?
BT&R Qualifying Criteria
- Currently contributing to the UIF (Unemployment Insurance Fund)
- Tax clearance certificate
- Two years in operations
- Two years financial statements (audited or independently reviewed financial)
- Financial distress and/or decline as is confirmed by a financial assessment
BT&R Detailed Process Flow
In case you need more information about the BT&R Programme, follow the link to Justice Tshifularo’s presentation on World Entrepreneurs Day 2021, where he outlines:
- The Legislative Mandate;
- The Situational Analysis;
- The Post COVID-19 Outbreak Impact Mapping;
- The BT&R Business Model; and
- Regional Contact Details.
If your company is struggling or your employees are at risk of losing their jobs, we can help. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.