Department of Employment and Labour Minister to address Productivity SA World Competitiveness Report Launch
The Minister of Employment and Labour, Mr. Thulas Nxesi will address Productivity SA Launch of Switzerland 's Institute of Management Development (IMD) 's 2020 World Competitiveness Yearbook Survey (WCY).
The WCY ranking is an annual report on the competitiveness of selected countries and is recognised internationally as the leading executive opinion survey of competitiveness between nations. It rates the ability of 63 industrialised and emerging economies to create and maintain an environment that sustains the competitiveness of enterprises.
In the four competitive factors for 2020, South Africa performed as follows:
• Economic performance dropped to a rating of 61 in 2020 from a rating of 59 in 2019.
• Government efficiency ’s performance dropped to a rating of 54 in 2020 from a rating 50 in 2019.
• Business efficiency ’s performance fell hard to a rating of 56 in 2020 from a commendable rating of 44 in 2019.
• Infrastructure has fell a notch to a rating of 61 in 2020 from a rating of 60 in 2019.
Members of the media are invited to a Virtual Launch as follows:
• Date: Friday, 17 July 2020
• Time: 11h00 - 12h00
• Link: https://evolve.eventoptions.co.za/register/imdworldcompetitiveranking
For More information, please contact
Mr Maupi Monyemangene
Media Liaison Officer; Productivity SA
Telephone +27 (0) 11 848 5397/ 082 447 3232